Welcome to the Gromox project webpage
Gromox is the central groupware server component of grammm. It is capable of
serving as a replacement for Microsoft Exchange and compatibles. Connectivity
options include RPC/HTTP (Outlook Anywhere), IMAP, POP3, an
SMTP-speaking LDA, and a PHP module with a Z-MAPI function subset.
Gromox relies on other components to provide a sensibly complete mail
system, such as Postfix as a mail transfer agent, and grammm-admin for user
management. A webmail client interface is available with grammm-web. The grammm
distribution ships these essentials and has a ready-to-run installation of
Support is available through grammm GmbH and its partners. See https://grammm.com/ for details.
The source code repository and technical issue tracker can be found at
- 2021-07-13. Version 0.27 was released. This has a store owner mode,
rectifies some issues with calendar objects, supports "working elsewhere" busy
status, and repairs umlaut garbage in mail previews (new mails). Expanded
notes on GH.
- 2021-06-09. Version 0.25 was released. Since 0.23, a number of logic
fixes have been made, such as resolving garbled IMAP folder names, and skipping
bogus properties in PST file imports. Expanded
notes on GH.
- 2021-05-13. Version 0.23 was released. Since 0.20, there have been
a number of crash fixes, support for send quotas, a new utility
"gromox-pffimport" for PFF/PST/OST importing, and a change to the default
mysql_adaptor upgrade check.
- 2021-04-15. Version 0.20 was released. Daemon reload (SIGHUP)
is now generally supported, though some plugins still have no actions tied
to it. A few crashes have been fixed, as has an issue where the wrong quota
type was evaluated.
- 2021-03-30. Version 0.19 was released. It has a number of logic
fixes regarding moving mails within the same store, but using the FastStream
ICS method (Outlook 2010).
- 2021-03-25. Version 0.18 was released. Incomplete RTF documents are
now attempted to be decoded, and a failure in moving mails between two stores
with grammm-web was addressed.
- 2021-03-12. Terse notification is given that Gromox is not affected
by CVE-2021-26855, CVE-2021-26857, CVE-2021-26858, CVE-2021-27065.
- 2021-03-06. Version 0.17 was released. It
bumps connection limits, and fixes an issue with IPv6
- 2021-02-25. Version 0.16 was tagged. The built-in defaults have been
refined so that alsmot no configuration files are needed in a minimal